Web design is a very subjective and individual process and we fully understand that. We’re happy to create for anyone, no matter what industry you work in or what the purpose of the site is. We know that for our clients a single page with a simple message can be as important as a multi-layered site with 1000 images and 50 social feeds.
We get the feeling from some of our clients that web designers can be a slightly awkward breed, taking weeks or months to update sites, changing passwords to site and email access in the event of disputes and other similar selfish acts. The day we decide to operate like that is the day we know we need to go off and do something else, but to those that do, we thank you for the extra business we’ve received as a result.
Features of a Typical Site
- As many pages as needed – not charged for individually
- Unlimited disk space & bandwidth
- Free domain hosting and site updates for the first year (see below for more details)
- Option for you to update the site yourself or to arrange for us to do it for you
- Unlimited email accounts (accessed by pop3 or imap) if we host your domain
- Help with logos and branding
- Search Engine Optimisation on your sites key pages & integrated links or feeds from your social networking sites
- Personal service – only ever deal with 1 person from start to finish
- WordPress used as our platform of choice
- Admin / FTP access for you if desired
We don’t care if you already have a site or if you’re setting up for the first time, and we’re also happy to produce work for any industry and client no matter how large or small. We aim to have a typical site published and ready to use 4-6 weeks after the initial content has been supplied or agreed upon. A draft version will be produced that can then be used for feedback and discussion, and the final version is created from that.
After the First Year – Hosting and Updates
Please be aware that there are on-going costs for hosting a domain, and you should always double-check what happens after the first year when getting a website made. Many design companies will have their initial prices in BIG EXCITING numbers and the annual running costs in very small ones. We prefer to be a little more transparent here and again, it’s something we’d make sure you were aware of and happy with at the start of a project. All of this only applies if we are either hosting your site or are updating it for you. If we do neither of those things then there are no annual costs to worry about.
We will ask for the yearly payments 2 months prior to the end of the first year of hosting/updating, and then every 12 months after that. This ensures you have the choice not to continue with the site if it’s no longer needed, and lets us know that before incurring any costs for the second year, so we think it’s fair to all involved.
Please get in touch if we can help – we know that people have different requirements and will always do what we can to tailor our package to suit your needs.